Cash App makes it incredibly easy to send and receive money from your family and friends using the cash card. Cash App users can get a free VISA debit card, also known as the cash app card, which is their version of the debit card similar and can be used like any other bank debit card. You can link directly to your cash app account when you get this cash card, so the money is debited from your cash app account and not from your bank account. This makes Square's card separate from the debit card connected to your cash app.
However, to use the card, you need to first activate the cash app card, which can take a few minutes, by using your mobile phone. To help you in this post, we will show you how to activate a cash app card step by step. Essentially there are two methods for cash app card activation:
Activated Cash App card using a QR code:
Activate Cash App card using the information found on your card (number, expiry date, CVV etc.)
How to activate a Cash App card with a QR code?
This is the most simple activation cash app card; it won't take more than one minute; all you have to do is get the packing and cover in which your cash card has been delivered. And then follow the steps mentioned below:
· Open the Cash App on your phone
· Select the Cash Card icon
· To activate cash card
· Right here comes a list of options, front the menu, select the Scan QR code option
· Now you have to allow permission to square cash app on your phone's camera.
· Check out the packaging; here open the acknowledgment paper wherein your unique QR code would be available
· Bring the QR code in the focus of your mobile's camera and start scanning
· Once you complete these steps, your Cash App card will be activated and ready to use.
How to activate a cash app card without a QR code?
Alternatively, you can activate a cash app card without using a QR code if you don't want to scan the QR code. Sometimes the QR does not work in such as situation cash app card won't activate. With the help of the below-mentioned steps then you need to activate the cash app card without a QR code:
· Unlock Cash App on mobile phone
· Press the card-shaped icon and then further select the activate cash card
· Now tap on the help and button choose the Use CVV instead
· In the next screen, you have to enter the details such as card number, expiration date, and CVV number.
· Once you complete the required instructions, your will be activated cash app card.
Why am I unable to activate the cash app card?
With both these methods mentioned above, you can easily activate your cash app card. There are no activation charges for your cash card, and the cash App doesn't charge you for making simple personal payments to your friend and family. However, if you are still unable to activate a cash app card, you may not be following the correct procedure for cash app card activation.
You should do all the steps while activating the cash card. And check the mobile camera is working while scanning the QR code. Moreover, recheck all the details such as name, card number, expiry date, and CVV number.